– SET Index closed at 1,630.64 points, increased 4.81 points or 0.30% with a trading value of 69 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market moved in sideways trends in the same direction as regional markets in concerns of the omicron variant after the U.K. announced its first death from the new strain.
In the meantime, the analyst recommended investors to monitor Fed’s meeting as well as other major central banks, giving a support level at 1,615 points and a resistance level at 1,634 points.
– Buying pressure worth 3,742 million baht from Foreign Investors pushed SET Index to close higher by nearly 5 points.
– The Asian Development Bank trimmed Asia’s GDP growth for 2021 to 7.0% from previously 7.1% and 2022 to 5.3% from 5.4%, over Omicron risks. The bank sees 8% growth for China’s GDP in 2021, slightly weaker than its 8.1% estimate in September, and will slow to 5.3% in 2022, down from the previous estimate of 5.5%.
– OPEC raised its oil demand forecast for the first quarter of 2022 to an average of 99.13 million barrels per day (bpd).
– Brazil’s stock exchange planned to enter the crypto market in 2022, according to an InfoMoney report citing a December 10 presentation from B3 President Gilson Finkelsztain.
– World Bank expected Thai GDP to grow 1% in 2021 after being hit by a surge of Covid-19 pandemic in the third quarter of this year.
– RATCH announced that the company has completed the purchase of the ordinary shares of Sahacogen (Chonburi) Public Company Limited (SCG), pushing its total shareholding to 51%. This investment aligns with the goal to increase the company’s total generation capacity of 10,000 MW and total business value of THB 200,000 million by 2025.
– FSSIA picked GULF to benefit the most from Thailand’s PDP 2022 while EA and GUNKUL to benefit from wind power projects.
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on December 14, 2021