– SET Index closed at 1,622.25 points, increased 6.45 points or 0.40% with a trading value of 69.2 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market, regional markets and European markets all traded higher today after being pressured by concerns of the omicron variant.
Gain in SET Index decreased slightly after the announcement of revoking tourist arrivals to prevent the spread of the omicron variant. The situation will be reviewed again on January 4, 2022. Meanwhile, the stimulus package that was approved in today’s meeting will be effective next year.
The analyst recommended investors to keep an eye on the Monetary Policy Committee meeting tomorrow, expecting SET Index to move sideways as holidays are drawing near and giving a movement range for tomorrow’s session at 1,615-1,630 points.
– Foreign Investors buoyed SET Index by 6.5pts with a net buy of 2,030 million baht.
– In a CNBC interview, Moody’s Investor Service noted Asia to perform relatively better in economic recovery than other emerging markets.
– Japan is considering to raise its forecast for fiscal 2022 real gross domestic product (GDP) growth to 3.0% or more after accounting for impact of record $317 billion extra budget.
– China Mobile is set to raise 56 billion yuan ($8.8 billion) in what could be the country’s biggest public offering in decade. The move came a year after being delisted from the New York Stock Exchange.
– Thailand today revoked the Test and Go quarantine-free program with immediate effect, citing concerns about the spread of COVID-19 omicron variant. Travellers whose names have been registered in the system will be allowed to enter into the capital. The situation and the ban will be reviewed again on January 4th next year.
– EGCO successfully acquired 24.24% stake in Peer Power, a fintech startup established in 2016, to strengthen its blockchain-based energy trading platform.
– Stocks in Focus on December 21, 2021: JMT (KGI Securities TP at ฿77.00/share) and BRI (Trinity Securities TP at ฿12.80/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on December 21, 2021