– SET Index closed at 1,626.79 points, increased 4.54 points or 0.28% with a trading value of 61 billion baht. The analyst stated that the Thai stock market moved in the same direction as the regional market, boosted by the anticipation of the stimulus plan from the government sector that will be introduced by the end of this year through 2022 into 2023.
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) today resolved to maintain interest rate at 0.50% and revised up the forecast for 2021 from 0.7% to 0.9% while 2022-23 GDP forecasts were 3.4% and 4.7%, respectively.
Meanwhile, the temporary halt of Test&Go measure is a negative sentiment to the market which will impact the tourism industry as well as the spreading of the omicron variant.
In addition, the analyst expected SET Index to move in sideways trends in tomorrow’s session, giving a support level at 1,610 points and a resistance level at 1,640 points.
– Foreign Investors and Proprietary Trading combined a net buy of 697 million baht to buoy SET Index by 4.54 points.
– Gross domestic product of the U.K. increased by 1.1% in the third quarter, whereas the forecast for growth was at 1.3%.
– Singapore announced a freeze on new ticket sales for quarantine free travel to prevent omicron cases in the country.
– The Monetary Policy Committee voted unanimously to maintain the policy rate at 0.50 percent. The Committee expected that the Thai economy would grow 0.9 percent in 2021 and would continue to expand 3.4 and 4.7 percent in 2022 and 2023, respectively, driven by domestic spending and a gradual improvement in foreign tourist figures.
– MINT announced that the company has divested its shareholding in two subsidiaries for $104.8 million (approx. THB3,500 million) to improve liquidity and reduce debts.
– ORI, through its subsidiaries, has reached joint venture agreements with “Bunpha 2020” to establish a new registered company in order to own real estate development and office building rental.
– BGRIM announced that the acquisition of three co-generation power plants with a combined capacity of 360MW was completed on December 21, 2021.
– Stocks in Focus on December 22, 2021: IVL (Krungsri Securities TP at ฿60.00/share) and JMART (Maybank Securities TP at ฿60.00/share).
Top 10 Most Impact Shares on December 22, 2021