– As the year 2022 approaches, we, “Kaohoon Turakij Newspaper”, are taking a look back at the top ten news stories from the stock market in 2021.
- SCB announced the establishment of SCBX to accelerate fintech investments.
- GULF made a takeover bid for INTUCH.
- MAKRO acquired Lotus’s stores.
- JMART and BTS joined forces to create new synergies.
- JMT and KBANK jointly established an unsecured asset management business.
- PTTGC invested THB150 billion to acquire Allnex.
- GPSC has successfully concluded deals for solar farm projects in India and wind farms projects in Taiwan.
- PTT and EA penetrated the EVs market.
- DTAC and TRUE have agreed to merge their operations.
- BANPU announced the capital increase and the purchase of new power plant projects.
– Syn Mun Kong Insurance (SET: SMK) announced the increase of its registered capital by up to 66 million shares to specific investors, or private placement (PP) at the price not lower than THB21.52, resulting in a total offering price not less than THB1,420 million. The purpose of the capital increase is to reinforce the company’s financial position to pay the relevant insurance claims in the future.
– Three logistics stocks — JWD, WICE, and III — rallied yesterday (December 29) on a positive earnings expectation for this year. Analysts recommend “BUY” on three securities, with a target price of THB22.00 for JWD, THB22.10 for WICE, and THB15.50 for III.
– Five major contractors, including ITD, NWR, CK, STEC and UNIQ, inked contracts with the State Railway of Thailand for the construction of two new double-track railway line from Den Chai to Chiang Rai and Chiang Khong and from Baan Pai (Khon Kaen) to Mahasarakham, Roi Et, Mukdahan, and Nakhon Phanom, totaling THB128 billion.
– Passive funds and index funds made a change on their portfolio in response to a new calculation of SET50 and SET100 benchmarks. Analysts anticipate that AWC, BANPU, and TIDLOR will face huge buying pressure as a result of their inclusion in the SET50.