Asia Wealth Securities (AWS) expected the SET today to continue moving in the sideway in the range of 1,630-1,655 points, despite positive factors from the expectation of an eased global trade situation after the U.S. and China leaders hold a virtual meeting to improve China-U.S. relations and the abolition of tax measures. However, there are still controversial issues, especially political issues in the case of Taiwan.
While a major CCSA meeting yesterday (16 Sep) resolved to postpone the opening of entertainment venues to 16 January 2022, AWS looked at the share price impact only in the short-term, especially in department stores, retail and hotels.
In addition, AWS still maintained the same investment strategy, weighing only 50% of the stocks in the portfolio and the stocks in the domestic play category. The securities company chose AMATA, CPALL, CBG, BJC, AOT, BDMS BEM and ERW, as well as stocks in the core investment portfolio such as re-opening and stocks that benefited from domestic purchasing power recovering.
1) Re-Opening (Trading within 1 month) – AMATA WHA CBG CPALL BJC AOT BAFS AAV BEM and ERW
2) Power of purchasing in country recovery (Trading within 1-2 months) – KBANK, BBL, ADVANC, CPF, CPALL, MAKRO, BJC, CRC and HMPRO.
3) Earnings Play (Trading within 1-2 months) – SPALI FSMART PACO FORTH and APURE
4) Dividend Play (Trading more than 6 months) – KKP, TCAP, TASCO, PSH, TISCO, SPCG, SC, WHAUP, CTW, ORI, RATCH, TVO, TTW and SPALI.
5) Long term accumulative stocks (DCA) (Long-term trading over 1 year) – AOT, BEM, ADVANC, WHA, LH, CPALL, CPF, BDMS, HMPRO, KBANK and KKP.