– The Energy Policy and Planning Office (EPPO) amended the Power Development Plan (PDP), raising the proportion of renewable and decreasing the proportion of gas, solar, and biomass energy. Meanwhile, power operators such as GULF, EA, and TPCH are awaiting government clarification but are ready to engage immediately in the auction. Suwat Sinsadok believes that GULF is benefiting the most, while EA and GUNKUL excel at wind, and ACE and TPCH have a high probability of waste-to-power power plants.
– Krung Thai Bank (SET: KTB) entered into a joint venture agreement with Accenture Solutions to establish Arise by Infinitas to provide financial services via technology solutions, or “TechFin.” Pakorn Peetathawatchai, President of the Thai Stock Exchange, stated that Arise represents a new vision for Thailand’s financial market and digital assets development.
– Ananda Development (SET: ANAN) is set to open five new service apartments comprising 1,890 units worth more than THB12,000 million in 2022 as a source of recurring revenue, and within five years, service apartment revenue will account for 20% of ANAN’s total revenue.
– Praram 9 Hospital (SET: PR9) anticipates record earnings in 4Q21 as a result of the hospital’s seasonality, and revenue growth of at least 15% in 2022 in response to the resumption of foreign patients, out-patient (OPD), and specialized medical centers. Additionally, PR9 has put aside THB300 million for hospital renovations and the purchase of medical equipment.
– SCG Packaging (SET: SCGP) has successfully completed the transaction of its 85% merger and partnership (M&P) investment in Spain’s Deltalab, with a capital budget of more than THB3,200 million, in bid to enter the medical supplies and lab wares markets. Deltalab’s financial performance will be consolidated from December 2021 onward. Meanwhile, SCG Chemicals has established SCG Chemicals Shanghai in China as a polymer distributor.
– Sky ICT (SET: SKY) partnered with Airports of Thailand (SET: AOT) to introduce SAWASDEE by AOT, a tourist application in Thailand that enables visitors to receive real-time arrival and departure information, as well as aircraft tracking. AOT anticipates 13 million foreign passenger arrivals, generating more than THB1.6 trillion.